This 2 hour workshop will go in-depth on topics related to raising funding, such as how to create a funding strategy, differences in funding stages and funding instruments, how to determine valuations, how much to raise, setting valuation milestones and much more.
The event starts with a networking reception where food and drinks will be provided.
A comprehensive 40-page printed workbook and reference materials are included in the price of the admission.
Getting funding from investors is always a challenge for startups. Avoiding common pitfalls when raising money can make the difference between your startup success or failure.
In this session you will learn:
• when to raise funds, how much to raise, and from whom;
• the danger of taking too much or too little from investors;
• identifying the valuation milestones of your company;
• difference between seed, angel and venture capital funding;
• alternative funding sources;
• appropriate funding instruments for each round of funding including convertible notes, SAFE’s, common stock and preferred stock;
• the pros and cons of selling equity, convertible debt, and venture debt;
• selecting and gaining access to the right investor; and
• what to do to increase the pre-money valuation of your startup.
Angel Investor and Lawyer at Procopio Law Firm
Roger Rappoport is the leader of Procopio’s Emerging Growth and Technology Practice Group.
He has extensive experiencein advising startup and emerging growth companies in the information technology, telecommunications, life sciences and cleantech industries.
Roger is a frequent speaker and panelist on topics and issues related to the development and implementation of a company’s formation and funding strategy.
Before attending law school, he was the founder of a technology company with $10 million in revenue.
Roger is very connected with investors in Silicon Valley and beyond. He has advised many startups on multi-million funding rounds.
6:00pm – 6:45pm: food and networking, demo/sponsor tables
6:45pm – 7:00pm: intros, demo/sponsor tables mentions
7:00pm – 9:00pm: speaker program and Q&A
We are happy to refund your ticket if refund is requested 24 hours before the event. Unfortunately, any refunds requested less than 24h in advance cannot be honored. Thank you for your understanding. :-)
EVENT SPONSOR PACKAGE
Event Sponsor Package includes:
LIMITED NUMBER OF TABLES AVAILABLE.
First come first serve basis.
Interested in becoming a Premier Sponsor? Leave a message through the green chat button (lower right corner of the site).
Founders Floor – coworking accelerator for startups